This is another new recipe that I just couldn't wait to try! It comes from the All Recipes website and we were so pleased with it! The actual recipe calls for shrimp as the meat instead of chicken, but most of you know of my feelings toward shrimp.....disgusting! So here's my version of their Peppered Shrimp Alfredo!
PEPPERED CHICKEN ALFREDO
INGREDIENTS1 lb. penne paste (cooked according to the package instructions)
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced (we used onion flakes)
2 cloves garlic, minced (we used 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1 red bell pepper, diced (we used roasted red bell peppers from a jar)
1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, diced (we omitted these)
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 (15 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dene, then drain.
2. Heat 2 tbsp canola oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces or strips.
4. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Cook chicken in skillet until the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
6. Melt butter together with olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat
7. Stir in onion and cook until softened and translucent. (We just let the onion flakes cook for about a minute, stirring constantly)
8. Stir in garlic, roasted red bell pepper, and mushroom; cook over medium-heat until soft, about 2 minutes.
9. Stir in the cooked chicken, mixing well.
10. Pour in the Alfredo sauce, Romano chese, and cream; bring to a simmer stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
11. Season to taste with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
12. Serve over freshly cooked pasta.
13. Top with Romano cheese and parsley.
Aaron and I really enjoyed this dish! The roasted red bell peppers are delicious! Using a jar of alfredo sauce as the sauce base makes the sauce really easy, but then adding the other ingredients definetly steps up the flavor a few notches! Enjoy!